https://www.merridycasson.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/sugar2.jpg 459 612 Merridy https://www.merridycasson.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/this-one-1-300x111.jpg Merridy2016-05-20 18:23:272016-05-22 16:27:05Best & Worst Foods for your Skin
The 5 WORST foods for good skin health are:
- Sugar: eating excess sugar causes elevated insulin levels, stimulating sebum production, which can result in acne breakouts. On average, Australians consume over 20 teas per day of sugar. Excess sugar also binds with collagen & elastin in the skin, resulting in wrinkles.
- Dairy: these are pro-inflammatory foods, which contain natural growth hormones & natural steroids (to help calves grow). Milk also has a high sugar content (lactose) which is not ideal as said before.
- Processed: processing at high temperatures causes oils to oxidise. Good oils are great for our skin, bad oils are terrible as they increase inflammation & oxidative damage (contain toxins which harm membranes).
- BBQ or overcooked: cooking meat at high temperatures is associated with increased collagen breakdown and accelerated ageing.
- Fried: as for BBQ foods, high temperature heating causes oils to oxidise. This can lead to free radical damage which is associated with accelerated ageing (fine lines, dry skin, wrinkles).
The 5 BEST foods for great skin health are: (Eat these often!)
- Wild Salmon
- Fermented foods
- Bone broth …. Eat these 5 and watch your skin glow!