https://www.merridycasson.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/sad2.jpg 570 800 Merridy https://www.merridycasson.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/mcassonfacebook-300x111.jpg Merridy2016-06-02 16:50:302020-03-29 17:26:38Close to Tears Often?
We can learn to build emotional resilience, to help negate the effects of stress.
Here are 5 tips to get you there:
- Practice abdominal breathing and lengthen your out-breath to calm your nervous system, ie. breathe in for 4 counts and out for 8.
- Accept that adversity is part of life and be prepared to experience some difficult emotions from time to time, rather than struggling against them.
- Ask yourself “Is the problem solvable?” If yes, solve it. If not, accept it and let go.
- Do some relaxation or meditation daily, even if it’s only for a few minutes. The accumulative, overall affect is what counts.
- Develop quality connections with others.We gain strength from our relationships.