Berry and Quinoa Flake Porridge
Write a review
- ¼ cup uncooked quinoa flakes
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ Tablespoon almonds, chopped
- ½ cup fresh berries
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Soak quinoa flakes with ¼ cup almond milk overnight in fridge. This speeds up cooking time in the morning.
- Add quinoa to small saucepan with remaining ½ cup almond milk.
- Heat on low-medium heat until simmering, stirring regularly.
- Cook for 5-6 mins or until porridge is thick, smooth and creamy.
- Serve topped with almonds and your choice of berries, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Variations: Use rice milk instead of almond milk. Add ½ sliced banana or ½ a chopped apple or peach, instead of berries.
Merridy Casson https://www.merridycasson.com/