Write a review
- 1.5 cups basmati rice, cooked in 3 cups water
- 2.5 Tbsp kecap manis
- 2 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 brown onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sambal olek
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 1 carrot, peeled & finely chopped
- 2 chicken breast fillets, finely sliced in small pieces
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Chinese wombok cabbage
- Fried shallots to serve.
- Cook the rice in rice cooker. Drain & fluff rice with a fork. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine kecap manis, dark soy and sweet chilli sauce in a jug. Set aside.
- Heat wok until hot. Add 1 tsp oil & swirl to coat.
- Add 1/4 of beaten egg mixture & swirl to form a thin omelette Cook for 30 seconds.
- Repeat 3 more times. When cool, roll up each omelette and thinly slice crossways.
- Heat remaining oil & add onion, sambal olek, garlic, shrimp paste and carrot. Stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add chicken. Stir-fry 2 mins until sealed.
- Add rice, soy mixture, spring onions and cabbage.
- Stir-fry 3-4 mins. Toss in most of omelette. Serve on plates, top with omelette & fried shallots.
- Serves an army of hungry people!
Merridy Casson https://www.merridycasson.com/