What are the best pre-workout snacks that will help me maximise my workout? … A low fat snack that provides a mix of protein and complex carbohydrates.
Try some of these:
1) Oatmeal porridge with cinnamon and blueberries or dried cranberries
2) Wholegrain toast topped with nut butter and sliced banana
3) Fruit smoothie with yoghurt and a dash of protein powder
4) Raw vegetable sticks with homous for dipping
5) Trail mix with nuts, seeds and dried fruit
6) Greek yoghurt with sprinkle of Bircher muesli (pre-soaked) and berries
What not to eat?
Avoid foods that are high in fat or fibre. Both can upset your stomach when exercising or may leave you feeling sluggish, as they take awhile to digest and therefore deliver the energy you need.