The #1 reason that diets fail is that they do not recognise the importance of balancing blood sugar levels, even in healthy individuals. You don’t have to be a diabetic to have a faulty insulin mechanism, that can affect your sugar or glucose metabolism.
Important reasons for stabilizing your blood sugar levels:
- When blood sugar levels are balanced you do not crave sweet, refined, processed carbohydrates (or savoury ones). This reduces the likelihood of binge eating.
- When blood sugar is balanced, we can avoid the highs and lows of energy, eg. elevated blood sugar can provide a brief energy boost, while low blood sugar can leave you fatigued and depleted.
- If blood sugar is unbalanced, it’s possible to overeat and still feel hungry.
- Specific nutritional supplements can support the body and help rebalance blood sugar levels, and should be part of a customised weight loss program.
- Unless the blood sugar roller coaster issue is addressed, it can be an almost impossible task to lose body fat.